Sunday, May 21, 2006

Paradise regained!

That season? I do not place a bet.
That fateful day? Yes, I did forget.
That defining moment? I do not recollect.
My aching soul, when I met.

I looked it straight in the eye.
Hunting for hints to prove it a mighty lie.
In all earnest did I try.
But my haunting soul, I could just not deny.

My towering ego trembled that moment.
My fortress of confidence quivered that day.
An upheaval there was, in my life that season.
With my raging soul, I failed to reason.


It made me drop my defenses.
It brought back to me, my senses.
Then on, I knew my calling.
I could afford no more falling.

That was the season of awakening
Those were the days of penance
That was the moment I rose
To regain, the paradise I had lost.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

your rhyming is too high strung...

do you really feel this high strung when you pen your thoughts?

intense ..very intense

freespirit said...

High strung...hmm..not the correct word i guess...but yeah i generally write when i'm not in the best of moods. N the intensity is a bit exaggerated!

Anonymous said...

nice to know :-)

MountCleverest said...

remebmer this 1...
hav read it b4 in ur diary...
wil say what i said then...
"nice"